Search our older posts with the WTF finder!

Friday, May 1, 2009

The Sincerest Form of Flattery

You know you've got an icon on your hands when people start to make fakes.

In addition to the clones (cheap knockoff lookalikes), you'll have the pirates (equally cheap but subtly different). Like in the Malaysian hyperrmarket I visited with the "Nike" shoes. The Swoosh on them had an extra jagged line. It's difficult to describe in words but think of it like a Swoosh with a tumour.

This though, is the first time I've ever seen it done with people.

Presenting... BRUCE LE. Part of the Bruceploitation trend of the 70s just after the real Bruce died, spawning classics such as My Name Called Bruce where they seem to have taken dubbing from a Western by accident and The Clones of Bruce Lee starring
Bruce Le, Dragon Lee, Bruce Thai and um...Bruce Lai.

Now bring me a bucket. I would vomit.







No comments:

Post a Comment