Search our older posts with the WTF finder!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

The best 80's cartoons

You know, even though I was born in the 80's, I missed a good deal of these great cartoons. Primarily because in the 80's SBC channel 5 (Now TCS 5 oops I mean Mediacorp 5) seemed to think cartoons were programs to stuff in between daytime soap operas and endless TVmedia (the TV shopping channel) re-runs. In fact most of the time, they didn't even bother to show the cartoons in episodic sequence.

So ironically I caught bits and pieces of the most awesome cartoons the 80's had to offer...in the 90's on the free to air Malaysian channel...dubbed in Malay. Wheeled warriors, Robotech, Galaxy rangers, Visionaries...even TRANSFORMERS...cartoons our dear state run Television authority avoided in favor of crappy canadian produced cartoons like HIGHLANDER -which was so bad in every aspect I can only figure that it must have been on the crappy cartoon discount rack.

This is my post dedicated to those awesome 80's cartoons that most of us in Sunny Singapore no doubt missed.

Undoutedly my favorite of the space western opera cartoons that were so popular. Awesome theme music!

The blonde character was basically Clint Eastwood...in space!

I think I only really ever saw this once, but it left a huge impression on me. I love how they put on their masks.


More space westerns! I was completely in love with this...although when I caught it, all the dialogue was in malay. So it probably sounded like "SABERRR RIDERRR sama Polis Bintang di atas!" Great theme song though.


I actually had these toys but I had NO idea where they were from. I'm not certain they even showed the cartoon in the region! Not my favorite, but still quite cool.


To me this was when cartoons started becoming crap. To be fair its a borderline pass as a cartoon series. I remember actually watching it on local TV.


Bravestarr! I also had the toy...but had never watched the cartoon before. But you can't beat a horse with a shotgun seriously.


Okay there are just TOO many cartoons that rocked the 80's so thats all for now...to be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment